7.08.2007

First Line Poetry

Long years of pleasant friendship may be broken
And many months of hidden woes awoken
If you leave me now, and I shall feel lost and alone
With only the painful memories and sorrows that are my own

I make no question of your right to go
Nor of your free will to move on in life, or to grow
But if you were to stay, we could share eternity together
You would be my savior, and I your, forever

In this deep hush and quiet of my soul
I promise my heart to only you, I give it in whole
If you remain here with me, we can have a love that is true
We could build on our friendship, or start our relationship anew

Pause not to dream of the future before us
In time, you will come to a decision that is just
For now, let us savor possible the last of your time with me
Or perhaps just the last of separate “me” and “you,” the start of “we”

No comments: