10.26.2009

Foreign Aid

When it comes to foreign aid, some are on the fence
Well, let me briefly outline the reasons against

We send other countries money, and it goes straight to the wealthy
Never mind all the dirty, starving, and unhealthy
If you think about it, all we're doing is causing more trouble
Trapping them tighter in a poverty bubble
With no chance, no hope of ever getting out
I don't know, in my mind, that casts a shadow of doubt
On this foreign aid policy, which does no good
Someone should pull a Robin Hood
You know, steal from the rich, and give to the poor
It's better than starting a third world war

Don't even get me started on military aid
I'm tired of hearing "one more US soldier killed by enemy grenade"
I myself have a cousin stationed in Qatar
If you look on a map, Iraq is really not too far
It's just me, but I'd prefer that he and others don't die
For some reason that no one but George W. Bush knows why
Oh wait, I remember, it's because we tried to help
Well, from now on, I say let them fix themselves

Not to mention that in our own "great" nation
There are thousands of daily deaths from disease and starvation
How about we give help where it'd be appreciated
Where those who come to the rescue won't be hated
Look in your neighborhood's own back yard, you'll find
Someone who could use an extra nickel or dime
And where was Condoleezza Rice when Katrina struck?
Nowhere in sight when our people had that horrible turn of luck
We've got enough problems in the US of A
Let's save the superhero business for someone else, okay?

No comments: