6.29.2007

Back on Track

Thought you were supposed to be here for me in my time of need
Thought you were the one to heal my wounds when I would start to bleed
But instead you’re just adding to the pain, bringing me down more
Well hear this now, in the words of Linkin Park, “I won’t be ignored!”
You need to check yourself, fix yourself, realize who you are
A friend’s supposed to ease the pain, no matter if you’re near or far
I needed your help, I was feeling depressed, but you just criticized
I’m giving you one more chance to right your wrong before our friendship dies
You destroyed my hopes, put me down, made me wanna scream
You took the truth, twisted it, and demolished my greatest dream
I can’t believe you did that to me, thought we knew each other so well
Remember all the times we shared our feelings when one of our hearts fell
Think of the days at school, nights on the phone, all the advice exchanged
Now suddenly, not to be cruel, I have to say you’ve changed
Please take this opportunity, redeem yourself, prove you can go back
To the great friend you used to be, and help me get my life back on track

No comments: