6.29.2007

Just Like You

Teach me how to be just like you
Teach me things that I never knew
Show me how to make beautiful noise
And how to play with other little girls and boys
Help me learn to ride a bicycle
And when it snows, how to choose the best icicle
Aid me in my quest to learn to read
Help me plant a tree from a tiny seed
Show me how to write and rhyme
Show me how to use a real clock to tell time
Teach me grammar, spelling, and math
And how to be a big kid and take my own bath
Educate me of equality and respect for all
Show me there’s more to life than what’s inside a mall
Teach me good manners and polite ways
Let me learn a responsible way to pass my days
School me in the basics of sports
Expose me to animals of all sorts
Help me grow to be healthy and strong
Teach me to decide between right and wrong
Turn me into a great person who is looked up to
Teach me how to be just like you

No comments: