6.29.2007

To the One and Only...Or So I Thought

Every time is seems that things are finally going my way
Something has to happen and screw up my whole day
I actually thought this time might be different for once
But of course it’s the same old crap and I look like the dunce
I believed you might really like me as more than a friend
I spent my days and nights thinking about you to no end
I trusted you, told you things many people don’t know
But you broke my heart and my trust, became my greatest foe
I gave my love and compassion to you, but for what?
Only for you to fall for some stupid little slut
Do you even realize the pain you’re putting me through?
You’re making me sick to the point that I can’t even look at you
You sunk my spirits and soul, then left me here in despair
You showed me just how the world can be unkind and unfair
This is the kind of stuff that makes people want to kill themselves
Make them wish they were dead and that you would rot in hell
On this day I vow never again to be that naïve
No more will I be mislead, used, or caused to grieve
One day you’ll understand, when your feelings are unknown
Because I know deep inside, in the long run, you’ll end up alone

No comments: