6.29.2007

Letter From a Dying Girl

The darkness is so cold
It sends shivers down my spine
Goosebumps spread over my limbs
Like a puppy, I whimper and whine

My hands and fingers go numb
As blood rushes to my brain
My heart beats wildly in my chest
I am slowly going insane

I’m losing touch with reality
Everything around me is black
There’s no sun, no light anywhere
Oxygen is something I begin to lack

I cannot breathe, I cannot move
I’m paralyzed with fear
My muscles are stiff, ears alert
I sense the end is near

I am ready to leave this place
I’m prepared to be taken away
I must travel to a faraway land
I can’t stand to hurt one more day

My soul needs to be free of this body
To become cleansed and pure once more
I am sorry to leave you all behind
Please don’t forget you’re the ones I adore

I shall be one with the angels
Fly miles above the sky
Take care, and I’ll take care of you
While I watch from way up high

I promise we will meet again
To spend eternity together
We will live in peace in Heaven
And be with each other forever

No comments: