6.29.2007

Why?

My dearest family, I just have to know
Why does it seem that you all hate me so?
Was it something I did, or something I said?
Thousands of questions run through my head
You yell and you shout, you make me feel sad
What have I done to make you so mad?
I study very hard and get A’s in school
Yet I get in trouble for bending even one rule
I always do chores, and do my best to help out
So I don’t understand what these punishments are about
You wanted me to get a life; now I have one, you see
But you keep giving more limitations to me
You accuse me of things that I do not do
I know you wouldn’t like if that happened to you
I just want a little freedom, not a great ton
But I want to be able to have a bit of fun
So I write this to you, family, and please can you try
To explain your hatred, I just want to know, why?

No comments: