6.29.2007

Girlfriend?

My dear, what is left to say about you?
I’ve written five poems already, it’s true
But amazingly I still have more to say
So I guess I will be writing another today

I once asked if you have a girlfriend; you answered yes
But I find it hard to believe, I confess
If you do, why don’t you speak of her?
I would also expect you to seem happier

This woman is clearly undeserving
It seems to me it’s her love she is preserving
You should receive more appreciation
Do you not see my intense admiration?

You definitely excel at your career
You don’t look as if you age throughout the years
You’re talented in sports, and in the arts
You always win over many girls’ hearts

If I was with you, I would never let you go
I’d make sure every moment you knew I love you so
You would never ever feel sad or alone
I wish I had you as a boyfriend of my own

You have lived up to your title as goldenboy
Everyday you fill my soul with joy
I ask that you please give me a chance
I promise we would have a real romance

No comments: