6.29.2007

Blackout

It’s pitch black, so dark, I cannot see.
Is someone playing a trick on me?
Who turned out the lights? Will you turn them back on?
The joke was successful, but now it is done.
I can’t see what I’m doing, there are no lights anywhere.
I can’t read, play a game, or even brush my hair!
I’m getting scared now, I’m afraid of the dark
What’s that noise? Did you hear a dog bark?
I’m going to call someone, maybe my mom.
What if something happened, if there was a bomb?
Hey! The phone’s not working, it’s dead!
Now someone’s definitely messing with my head.
I’m kinda lonely, and it’s starting to get cold
Someone please help, I’m only seven years old!
I found my kitty, she curled up on my lap.
I’m a little tired, so I might as well take a nap.
Wait! What’s that? I think I see some light!
Whoa! Turn it back off…now it’s too bright!

No comments: