6.29.2007

WWIII

We’re in a new war, I’m scared out of my mind.
Why do other countries have to be so unkind?
Why do they hate us, just because we are free?
Is this the start of World War Three?
So many will be hurt, but no one will win.
Neither side wants to be the first to give in.
All the fighting, what is it for?
What is the reason for all the bloodshed and gore?
Why can’t the world’s people just live in peace?
Are we aiming to have the entire population deceased?
What’s the point of all the lives lost?
Haven’t we learned anything from the Holocaust?
Let’s go back to when everyone got along,
And sang in one voice a harmonious song.
I’m just a child, I should not feel such grief.
Hopefully the struggle will be very brief.
I try not to think about it, though I can’t help but remember
The horror of that tragedy on the eleventh of September.
Will this happen again, will our country’s suffering repeat?
Will the soldiers of our nation face an awful defeat?
No one knows what the future will hold.
All we do know is that the enemies’ hearts are cold.
I didn’t even want a war to start, but now I pray for its end
So we can rebuild the Earth, and spirits can mend.
I have too many questions and no explanation.
What brought upon this terrible confrontation?
This planet has enough problems already without this one.
No matter how hard we fight, victory will never be won.

No comments: