6.30.2007

One of a Kind

Throughout the days, I’ve watched you grow
From my place four years behind
And though I don’t show it, I must admit
You are a sister that’s one of a kind.

You’ve taught me so much, but you might not know it
You’ve helped me get through tough times
For these reasons, I am expressing my praise
By means of this poem, so full of rhymes.

I have thousands of memories of when we were young
We hung out, talked, and played games galore
As we get older, we’re slowly growing apart
And I long to live like in the old days once more.

You confided in me many secrets
I gave you advice when you would allow
We weren’t just family, but good friends too
I wish we were still that close now.

Your high school graduation approaches so rapidly
Pretty soon, you’ll be starting college
Please don’t forget the ones who care
While you fill your head with brand new knowledge.

You and your peers will choose different life paths
Surely new friends will come ad go
But I’ll always be here if you need someone
Remember, dear sister, I love you so.

No comments: