6.29.2007

I Think I Am an Alien

I think I am an alien
Sent here from outer space
I don’t seem to be like anyone else
Who are part of the human race

I am smart, but ignorant
I’m shy, but obnoxious at times
I can’t really draw, only some cartoons
I write my feelings down in rhymes

I can be girly or tomboyish
I dress in my own weird style
I like to play sports
Though I can barely run a mile

I started school at age four
I’ll finish high school when I’m 17
I’ve been and will be an outcast
For all the years in between

I don’t care what people think of me
Yet I’m insecure about my looks
I hate doing my homework
But I’m always reading three or four books

I’ve lived in five different homes
And gone to three different schools
Though it took me until this year
To see that not all guys are fools

I love hearing the latest gossip
Yet I hate when people talk about me
I obsess over my crushes
Though when they approach me, I flee

My brain develops so quickly
I’m more mature than many peers
However, for incomprehensible reasons
I shed so many tears

I do not want to be popular
And I don’t want to be a freak
So most of my fellow classmates
Classify me as a geek

I love to sing, though my voice is horrible
I like cooking, but I burn the food
I am rarely truly happy
I usually have a negative attitude

To my teachers, I’m an angel
To my parents, I’m a pain
My family drives me crazy
And they all think I’m insane

I can’t speak in front of audiences
I show off in front of friends
I can’t ever just act natural
My charade never ends

I like pop, rock, rap music, even some country
I enjoy almost any kind of song
But my sisters and I fight over the radio
We just can never get along

I’ve got so many problems
And no one I can tell
So I write them on paper
But after, I still don’t feel well

I know I am an alien
Sent here from outer space
I’m definitely not like everyone else
Because I’m part of my own, unique race

No comments: